A range of high-value-added services, leasing and sales of river transport equipment
With 165 years' experience in river transport, Touax River Barges has developed innovative and exclusive solutions for long term leasing and sales of assets for manufacturers and river transport logistics operators on the main river basins in the world.
TOUAX provides an innovative range of services for the river barge market, thanks to its mastery of all aspects of the river transport chain...
Touax River Barges offers its customers total expertise in the river transport sector:
- operational and financial leasing of barges,
- trading of barges and push tugs,
- fleet management,
- sale and lease back of river fleets,
- transport of barges between different river basins,
- advice, assistance and technical expertise regarding river transport,
- management of river transport certificates and administrative documents.
At 31 December 2019 the TOUAX Group managed a fleet of 97 river barges, and was the biggest leasing company for bulk cargo barges in Europe and South America.
Unique international presence...
Touax River Barges has an extensive geographic presence in the main river basins in the world:
- In Europe: the Group is very present on the Seine and the Rhône in France, on the Rhine, the Meuse, the Moselle and the Main in Northern Europe and on the Danube in Central Europe. TOUAX is one of the main operators on the Rhine – Main – Danube network (2,500 km crossing 10 countries).
- In North America: TOUAX leases 10 barges on the Mississippi to different logistics operators.
- In South America: TOUAX rents 38 barges on the Paraná river in Paraguay in South America and is actively developing a range of sales and leasing solutions on the main rivers.
The Group plans to develop to other river basins located in emerging countries in order to extend its global presence.
Thus, Touax is involved in many development projects of river and river-sea activities in Africa.
- river logistics operators: Navrom-TTS, Miller, Ceres, AEP, P&O Maritime Services, Ultrapetrol, etc.
- industrial companies: Cemex, Lafarge, Arcelor, Yara, Bunge, ADM-Toepfer, Total, etc.
A constantly evolving market...
River transport remains the most competitive means of inland transport (7 times cheaper than road transport), which is the cheapest for the community (oil consumption 3.7 times lower than road transport), the most environment-friendly (4 times less CO2 than road transport) and continues to unblock the road networks (a barge convoy in the USA replaces 3,000 trucks on the road).
TOUAX aims to triple its revenue from sales and leasing of barges with associated services over the next five years.